The sentences given in the question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- In the west, Allied Forces had fought their way through southern Italy as far as Rome.
- In June $1994$ Germany's military position in World War Two appeared hopeless.
- In Britain, the task of amassing the men and materials for the liberation of northern Europe had been completed.
- The Red Army was poised to drive the Nazis back through Poland.
- The situation on the eastern front was catastrophic.