Arrange the following sentences to form a coherent paragraph:
- Scientists have for the first time managed to edit genes in a human embryo to repair a genetic mutation fuelling hopes that such procedures may one day be available outside laboratory condition.
- The cardiac disease causes sudden death in otherwise healthy young athletes and affects about one in $500$ people overall.
- Correcting the mutation in the gene would not only ensure that the child is healthy but also prevents transmission of the mutation to future generations.
- It is caused by a mutation in a particular gene and a child will suffer from the condition even if it inherits only one copy of the mutated gene.
- In results announced in Nature this week, scientists fixed a mutation that thickens the heart muscle, a condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.