Each of the following questions has a paragraph from which the last sentence has been deleted. From the given options, choose the sentence that completes the paragraph in the most appropriate way.
Trade protectionism, disguised as concern for the climate, is raising its head. Citing competitiveness concerns, powerful industrialized countries are holding out threads of a levy on imports of energy-intensive products from developed countries that refuse to accept their demands. The actual source of protectionist sentiment in the OECD countries is of course, their current lacklustre economic performance, combined with the challenges posed by the rapid economic raise of China and India – in that order.
- Climate change is evoked to bring trade perfectionism through the back door.
- OECD countries are taking refuge in climate change issues to erect trade barrier against these two countries.
- Climate change concerns have come as a convenient stick to beat the rising trade power of China and India.
- Defenders of the global economic status quo are posing as a climate change champions.
- Today’s climate change champions are the perpetrators of global economic inequity.