Each question is followed by two statements, I and II. Answer each question using the following instructions.
Mark the answer as
- Choose $1$ if the question can be answered by using one of the statements alone, but cannot be answered using the other statement alone.
- Choose $2$ if the question can be answered by using either statement alone.
- Choose $3$ if the question can be answered by using both statements together, but cannot be answered using either statement alone.
- Choose $4$ if the question cannot be answered even by using both statements together.
Harshad bought shares of a company on a certain day, and sold them the next day. While buying and selling he had to pay to the broker one percent of the transaction value of the shares as brokerage. What was the profit earned by him per rupee spent on buying the shares?
- The sales price per share was $1.05$ times that of its purchase price.
- The number of shares purchased was $100.$