The sentences given in each question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a letter. Choose the most logical order of sentences from among the four given choices to construct a coherent paragraph.
- Both parties use capital and labour in the struggle to secure property rights.
- The thief spends time and money in his attempt to steal (he buys wire cutters) and the legitimate property owner expends resources to prevent the theft (he buys locks).
- A social cost of theft is that both the thief and the potential victim use resources to gain or maintain control over property.
- These costs may escalate as a type of technological arms race unfolds.
- A bank may purchase more and more complicated and sophisticated safes, forcing safecrackers to invest further in safecracking equipment.